School Year After-School and Weekend STEM Instructor (Part-time)
Location: More than 20 throughout the Greater Boston Area including Boston, Cambridge, and suburbs west (several from Brookline to Worcester including Newton and Lexington), north (several from Somerville to North Andover) and South (including Milton)
Hours: Part-time afternoons and/or weekend days. Available 4 to 30 hours per week. Sept-June
Pay: $17-25 per hour
Empow Studios, an award-winning provider of tech classes and camps for kids 7-15, is looking for energetic and enthusiastic technology-loving instructors for its year-round education program. No prior experience teaching tech is necessary, but working with children previously is a must. Our paid training and curriculum will give everything you need to succeed!
This is a fun and rewarding job that is a great fit for college students, professionals (engineers, teachers, digital artists) who want a fun supplemental experience, and retirees seeking a rewarding part-time job. We offer a fun, supportive environment, with kids who love coming to class; amazing training and coaching; experience using best-in-class education technology and curriculum; flexible hours; and great pay.
Who You Are
Empow Studio instructors are motivated and engaging individuals who care about making a difference and delivering a quality experience for children.
What You'll Do
- Teach our technology and digital design curriculum to students ages 7-15 either in schools or in our own classrooms
- Receive outstanding training on our curriculum and approach to classes as well as ongoing coaching
- Take notes on students’ progress and provide occasional updates to parents
You Should Have
- Strong experience working with children
- Comfort with technology
- At least some college education (We have positions for HS Students too! Check out empow.me/jobs)
- Ability to clear background checks
We Hope You Have
- Some experience playing video games and creating things with technology
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong social skills with both adults and children
- Ability to engage and manage small groups in classroom settings
- Ability to think on your feet and troubleshoot problems
What Our Instructors Say About Working At Empow
- One of the most rewarding jobs I’ve ever had!
- The kids really are super excited to be in class which is amazing
- The training and curriculum is great. I felt really well prepared.
- Looks great on my resume and gave me lots to talk about in job interviews
- What a great way to give back. Thank you Empow.
- The highlight of my week!
Now that you’ve imagined the possibilities, we’d love to receive your RESUMÉ AND COVER LETTER introducing your amazing self! In your cover letter, please be sure to answer these questions:
- What is your experience working with children if it is not clear on your resume
- Why are you enthusiastic about teaching and/or teaching tech to kids?
- Can you legally work in the US?
- If you don’t have an up-to-date resume, feel free to provide a link to your linkedin profile instead
Please email your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empow Studios is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this exciting new opportunity. Empow Studios is an E-verify Employer.